Cloudamize’s Cost Management platform provides all the tools necessary to seamlessly move from the customer’s on-premise infrastructure to the cloud while ensuring performance needs are met at the lowest possible cost. With a few simple steps, customers can leverage the Cloudamize platform to monitor their infrastructure and provide right-sized cloud options in real-time.
S3 Bucket Creation
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the S3 console.
- Click Create Bucket.
- In the window that opens enter the following information:
- Bucket Name - This name will be used in the Cost Management Account Setup process.
- Region - select the region for the Bucket.
- Click Next.
- You are not required to change anything on the Configure options page. Click Next.
- You are not required to change anything on the Set permissions page. Click Next.
- Review the details and click Create bucket.
- The newly created bucket will populate on the S3 buckets page.
Cost & Usage Report Creation
- Open the Billing & Cost Management Dashboard.
- Click on Cost & Usage Reports.
- Click Create report.
- On the page that opens complete the following:
- Enter a Report name.
- Check the box next to Include resource
- Click Next
- Under S3 bucket - required click Configure.
- Under Select existing bucket choose the bucket created previously and click Next.
- Check the box next to I have confirmed that this policy is correct and click Save.
- The selected bucket will appear under S3 bucket - required with the confirmation Valid Bucket next to the name.
- Enter a Report path prefix and click Next.
- Verify the information for the created Cost & Usage report.
- Click Review and Complete.
- The report will populate on the Cost & Usage Reports page.
Master Account Setup
- Click AWS Setup on the Assessment Settings
- Click Add Master Account and fill out the following information:
- Account Name
- Account ID
- S3 Bucket Name
- Cost and Usage Report Name
- Cost and Usage Report Prefix
- Under the Downloads section, click Master Cloud Formation Template.
- Log in to the your AWS Management Console and search for CloudFormation in the Find Services search bar and select it
- Click on Create New Stack.
- Select Upload a template to Amazon S3 and upload the Master Cloud Formation Template from the Cloudamize Platform and click Next.
- Enter a Stack Name and verify the RoleName. This field will auto-populate but can be edited if so desired. Click Next.
- Click Next on the Options page as no changes are required.
- Review the information provided during setup, check the box to acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources with custom names, and click Create.
- After Stack creation finishes, click on the Outputs tab and copy the RoleName.
Validate the Master Account
- Return to the AWS Setup section of the Assessment Settings
- Click Validate under the Master Account Details
- Enter the RoleName copied from the AWS Management Console.
- Click Validate.
- All linked accounts will populate in the table at the bottom of the page.
Validate Linked Accounts
- In the Linked Accounts chart, click Linked under the Download Template
- Repeat Steps 5 - 11 of the Master Account Setup section to create a new Stack for each linked account.
- Validate each Linked Account by following Steps 1 - 4 of the Validate the Master Account Click Validate next to each Linked Account rather than under Master Account Details.
- The Account Status column will update to Validated upon successful completion.